Litecoin (CURRENCY:LTC) traded 3.6% lower against the dollar during the twenty-four hour period ending at 7:00 AM Eastern on July 27th. One Litecoin coin can currently be bought for approximately $89.99 or 0.00944904 BTC on major exchanges including SouthXchange, CoinTiger, Cryptohub and Exrates. Litecoin has a market cap of $5.66 billion and approximately $2.33 billion worth of Litecoin was traded on exchanges in the last day. In the last seven days, Litecoin has traded 9.7% lower against the dollar.
Here is how other cryptocurrencies have performed in the last day:
- UNUS SED LEO (LEO) traded 0% lower against the dollar and now trades at $1.28 or 0.00013481 BTC.
- Dogecoin (DOGE) traded down 2.7% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0028 or 0.00000030 BTC.
- Bytom (BTM) traded 1.7% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.11 or 0.00001189 BTC.
- Verge (XVG) traded 4% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.0058 or 0.00000060 BTC.
- NEXT (NET) traded down 5.8% against the dollar and now trades at $1.50 or 0.00015709 BTC.
- Polymath (POLY) traded 3.6% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.0534 or 0.00000561 BTC.
- TTC Protocol (TTC) traded down 5.3% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0992 or 0.00001073 BTC.
- Syscoin (SYS) traded 9.8% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.0351 or 0.00000368 BTC.
- Einsteinium (EMC2) traded 4.4% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.0695 or 0.00000730 BTC.
- Linkey (LKY) traded up 1.2% against the dollar and now trades at $0.24 or 0.00002500 BTC.
Litecoin is a proof-of-work (PoW) coin that uses the Scrypt hashing algorithm. Its launch date was October 13th, 2011. Litecoin’s total supply is 62,842,193 coins. Litecoin’s official website is litecoin.com. Litecoin’s official Twitter account is @LitecoinProject and its Facebook page is accessible here. The Reddit community for Litecoin is /r/litecoin and the currency’s Github account can be viewed here. The official message board for Litecoin is litecointalk.io.
According to CryptoCompare, “- Faster transaction confirmations (2.5 minutes on average) – Scrypt-based mining proof-of-work algorithm – 84 million litecoins – Higher transaction volume than Bitcoin – MIT/X11 license”
Buying and Selling Litecoin
Litecoin can be purchased on the following cryptocurrency exchanges: BTC-Alpha, Altcoin Trader, Binance, Bit-Z, Bitbns, BitForex, IDCM, OKEx, Koinex, Lykke Exchange, BCEX, Zebpay, Bits Blockchain, Mercado Bitcoin, BtcTrade.im, Fatbtc, Bitfinex, BTCC, Cryptohub, xBTCe, BTC Trade UA, Bithumb, Mercatox, Bibox, TOPBTC, Coinbase Pro, Upbit, SouthXchange, Covesting, HBUS, CoinFalcon, EXX, Gatecoin, WEX, Bittrex, B2BX, BX Thailand, LocalTrade, DOBI trade, Trade By Trade, Buda, Nanex, LakeBTC, Bitinka, Bitso, Livecoin, Bitsane, C2CX, DigiFinex, Kucoin, RightBTC, BitcoinTrade, Instant Bitex, Stocks.Exchange, BitFlip, Kraken, OpenLedger DEX, Coinone, Tripe Dice Exchange, MBAex, Bittylicious, CoinEx, HitBTC, Coinbe, Bitstamp, BitMarket, Crex24, BTC Markets, C-CEX, DragonEX, BL3P, ABCC, Trade Satoshi, Korbit, CoinBene, BigONE, Gate.io, Bitlish, Bitbank, LBank, QBTC, Bitmaszyna, CoinTiger, Exmo, CoinExchange, Huobi, BtcTurk, YoBit, Coinut, OKCoin International, BitBay, Vebitcoin, ChaoEX, CoinEgg, C-Patex, GOPAX, OKCoin.cn, Exrates, DSX, Waves Decentralized Exchange, BiteBTC, Liquid, COSS, Koinim, Cryptomate, TDAX, Iquant, Coinroom, Independent Reserve, Cobinhood, Stellar Decentralized Exchange, Koineks, Cryptopia, Kuna, Stellarport, ZB.COM, Poloniex, Coinsquare, CPDAX, Bleutrade, Graviex, Negocie Coins, Bithesap, OTCBTC, CryptoBridge, Indodax, QuadrigaCX, TradeOgre, FCoin, Sistemkoin, CoinsBank, Ovis, LiteBit.eu, Braziliex, Coinsuper, Liqui, Coindeal and WazirX. Investors seeking to acquire Litecoin using US dollars directly can do so using Gemini, GDAX or Changelly.
Receive News & Updates for Litecoin Daily – Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and updates for Litecoin and related cryptocurrencies with MarketBeat.com’s FREE CryptoBeat newsletter.