- Bitcoin has settled under $5,500 handle.
- Altcoins lead the decline.
The Bitcoin and the vast majority of altcoins are in the red zone, consolidating losses after a strong sell-off on Wednesday. The total capitalization of all digital assets in circulation crashed to at $177 billion from $181 billion this time on Wednesday. The average daily trading volume reached $55B.
Top-3 coins price overview:
- Bitcoin (BTC) is changing hands at $5,438, locked in a tight range under $5,500 handle. The coin is down nearly 3% from this time on Wednesday and unchanged since the beginning of the day. The short-term trend is bearish with expanding volatility.
- Ethereum (ETH) stays marginally above $164.00 handle, down 2.8% from this time on Wednesday. ETH is deeply oversold, moving within a bearish trend amid shrinking volatility.
- Ripple’s XRP has settled at $0.3000 after a strong sell-off on Wednesday. The coin has lost 5.5% in recent 24 hours. The coin has been moving within a short-term bearish trend.
The biggest market-movers:
- Tezos (XTZ) has lost over 8% of day-on-day losses and became the worst-performing coin out of top-20. XTZ/USD is changing hands at $1.26. Now it takes the 15th place in the global cryptocurrency rating.
- EOS is the second worst-performing cryptocurrency. The coin has lost over 6% of its value in recent 24 hours to trade at $4.83 at the time of writing.
- Binance Coin has regain some ground after Wednesday’s sell-off to trade at $23.23 at the time of writing. It is the best result of the day among top-20 coins.